After searching a plenty of information, you ultimately finally decided to go online. You think of a cool name for your domain, and then the time arrives to create your website. You discuss with a number of website designers and developers, look online and realize that, first of all, you need a platform to get your website developed. You might have come across the names like Magento and Prestashop as they are very popular.
You start finding out which one is more beneficial to you and that’s why, we list out the differences between both of these immensely popular platforms to make a right decision.
As we know, Magento is one of the most feature-rich open source e-commerce platforms currently available to build robust e-commerce stores. It gives marketers a comprehensive flexibility and control over the functionality, content and looks of their e-commerce store. The strong tools of Magento empower a Magento eCommerce Developers with immense power to design every little detail for your needs of an appealing website. Magento supports a community of developers that are regularly enhancing and improving each new feature, extension and module. In fact, Magento is an e-commerce platform with the largest developers’ community, having expertise in Magento Theme Development.
It is an another open source platform that is free-for-e-commerce websites. Its development grabbed eyeballs due to its user-friendly and simple interface. When it entered the market, it had over 300 features and now have seamless features with increase functionality that are easy to use, but you require a professional to use them effectively. Prestashop usually targets for small and medium scale firms.
Magento VS Prestashop
- Prestashop targets the small and medium sized business
- Prestashop has over 25,000 plug-ins and extensions the corresponding number of - Magento is only 1,500
- Prestashop is easy to install.
- Prestashop has lower system requirements and smaller to Magento.
- Search capabilities are better in a Prestashop website.
Magento boasts 15 versions, while Prestashop has only 7
- Magento has a huge range of features and options for customization.
- Magento is costlier to maintain than Prestashop development
- Magento is more SEO friendly than Prestashop
- Magento requires professionals as it has out-of-the-box features to create an engaging website
- Magento’s maintenance costs is almost twice as much as Prestashop
- Magento has more compatibility to Prestashop
- Magento caters to the medium and large business
- Magento’s tech support is way better than Prestashop
- Magento has a huge number of themes
Selecting one out of both is not easy. Prestashopis simple, but Magento is powerful. Prestashoploses to Magento in the Twitter world with three times as many followers, but PrestaShop has more than triples the number of Facebook likes than Magento. The monthly cost incorporated in maintaining Prestashop is half than that of Magento, but Magentois more searched on engines like Google. Prestashopis easy to install while Magento has extra SEO benefits and the comparison goes on and on.
Select whichever you think is the best and then hire a developer that can do justice to your decision of choosing to go online with any of these two platforms.