Here we present Magento Community Edition 2.1 Release Candidate 1 (RC1). This new release is not proposed for production purposes. But it is expected to provide support to the development community.
Here are some significant considerations:
1. Research the new features and fixes that Magento 2.1 GA
2. Contribute to the Magento 2.1 code base by identifying unresolved issues.
3. Test 2.0 extensions against 2.1
So it is the perfect time to hire a professional Magento Developer to flow with the numerous functional fixes and enhancements.
Here are the highlights of Magento Community Edition 2.1 Release Candidate.
1. PayPal Enrichments: PayPal can increase conversion rates by permitting shoppers to pay with PayPal without leaving the merchant’s website. It has saved the credit card capabilities by enabling merchants to store credit cards securely with PayPal. This allows the shoppers to make future purchases without re-entering their credit card information.
2. Braintree Hosted Fields: This enhancement enables the e-commerce traders to qualify for the simplest set of PCI compliance requirements. It uses Braintree Hosted Fields to assemble all sensitive card holder data in checkout. The Braintree uses small, transparent iframes to replace individual payment fields for merchants to maintain complete control over their checkout style and layout. It provides the leverage for eCommerce traders to access Braintree settlement reports from within the Magento Admin.
3. Improved Management Interfaces: It provides faster and easier admin interface to search for information. The new update can also set up global search synonyms, and create a new product, category, and CMS content.
After the release Magento 2.0 the new release candidate includes enhancements to improve the security of your Magento application. As such there are no vulnerabilities reported till date. But of course, certain vulnerabilities can potentially exploit by accessing customer information. Therefore, it is recommended to upgrade your Magento software to the latest version as soon as possible.
You can install Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 from either Github or by using Composer.
Install from GitHub
Before proceeding, please familiarize yourself with these prerequisites, then run
git clone [email protected]:magento/magento2.git
git checkout tags/<version> [-b <version>]
<version> is 2.1.0 (GA release), 2.1.0-rc3
[-b <version] optionally checks out a new branch.
Install using Composer
This Release Candidate is available from repo.magento.com. Before installing this Release Candidate using Composer, familiarize yourself with the Composer meta package prerequisites, then run
composer create-project –repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
where <version> is 2.1.0 (GA release), or a Release Candidate; for example, 2.1.0-rc3
For example, to install Magento CE RC3 in the magento2 directory:
composer create-project –repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition=2.1.0 magento2.
The new Magento 2.1 release fetches security improvements, enhancements to onsite search, new dashboard features and greater opportunities to plug into Magento’s cloud facilities. We’re sure the new features will help you manage Magento website in a more efficient manner, which is imperative to stay ahead of your competitors.